Although incepted in the year 1995, as a simple ordinary Kinder Garten, attached with C.B.S.E school in the remote hamlet of Kadakaserry, IDEAL Montessori School bloomed in to a full fledged Montessori School, by the year 2007 , with a total strength of 600 students , and 30 staff members.
THE MONTESSORI EDUCATION
The Children are the supreme asset and the most loving wealth of any nation. Montessori Education is defined as the individual learning acquired through the personal liberty in a prepared environment. The Montessori environment makes learning an exciting process of discovery, leading to better concentration, motivation, self discipline and love for learning. The Montessori method is designed in such a manner that, the holistic development of children originates from themselves. Teachers give essential guidelines being merely the observers in the process of learning. Congenial environments are created enabling the children to develop their unique personalities in fullness, by empowering their inborn potentials.
METHOD OF MONTESSORY EDUCATION
1. PRACTICAL LIFE EXERCISES : Through the exercises related with practical life, the children are prepared indirectly for learning all other areas of the curriculum. Practical life exercises include the activities of pouring, sorting, food preparation, care of self, care of the environment etc. These exercises lay the foundation for all the other subject areas in the Montessori classrooms by means of the skills development, achieved through concentration, coordination and personal freedom.
2. SENSORIAL : Through the exploration of using various methods of different dimensions, colours, shapes, textures, smells and tastes, all the faculties of intelligence are developed. The sensorial area also includes Geometry and Algebra as these subjects are introduced to the children through their senses.
3. LANGUAGE: The age from three to six is the most sensitive period for language development. The language curriculum includes oral language activities, pre-reading works, writing, reading comprehension etc.
Initial sounds are introduced through Sand paper letters and matching objects. After learning a few sounds, the children are introduced to blending exercises through movable alphabets. The metal insets are given for giving pencil control, helping them to improve their writing skills.
The objectives of oral language activities include the development of listening skills, comprehensive capacity and vocabulary, related to the language of English, Arabic and Malayalam.
4.MATHEMATICS: Mathematical area focuses on the development of fundamental skills to calculate. The children learn to count and recognize simple numerals followed by addition, subtraction, multiplication and division along with the basic concepts of the decimal system, and numerical place values from units to thousand.
5. CULTURAL STUDIES: Through cultural studies, the children gain a broad exposure to many different areas of Science. They get an initial understanding of the difference between living and non living things. They also learn about the earth (Continents, Countries and Oceans), and the Solar System (Sun, moon & Stars).
6. MORAL STUDIES : Value based education is imparted to all students particularly Islamic studies recognized by Samastha Kerala Islamic Matha Vidyabhyasa Board for Muslim students and Moral classes for others.